Physical activity programmes
Physical activity review
Our Physical Activity Review is a one off, individual session for anyone that is keen to increase their physical activity levels. You must be over 18 years old and benefit from increasing your physical activity.
During your physical activity review:
- We will review your medical history, following exercise referral guidelines
- Look at the importance of being active and the benefits to your health
- Understand factors that affect your physical activity
- We will look at appropriate local support, community groups and classes near to you
- We will look at useful resources, tools and develop you a personal action plan to work towards
- Look at ways to increase your activity to benefit your health
If you would like a physical activity review, please see your GP or practice nurse for a referral
Swimming for health
Are you interested in swimming, but don't have the confidence to attend your local swimming pool? Why not try our Swimming for Health programme?
We are able to offer you 12 sessions in a pool which will be closed to the public. You must be 18 years or older and benefit from increasing your physical activity levels.
Don’t worry if you cannot swim, all abilities are welcome.
During the 12 week programme:
- We will support you to increase your confidence in the water
- You can learn rehabilitation exercises or improve your swimming technique
- We can provide you with additional swimming aids and use of the pool hoist, if required
- We can offer you personal support and guidance to benefit your health
- The sessions are aimed to empower and encourage positive behaviour change
How do I join a swimming for health programme?
Booking is essential, please check our join in page to find a swimming for health programme near you. Booking is essential, please register your interest by filling out our online enquiry form, or give us a call for more information - we’d love to hear from you!
Walking for health
The Walking for Health programme is a national support programme run by the Ramblers and Macmillan Cancer Support. This enables us to support trained volunteer walk leaders, to run health walks across Cornwall. The national Walking for Health website can be found here.
The health walks are aimed at anyone who is keen to join a gentle walk, including those living with medical conditions, to discover the joys and health benefits of walking locally.
If you join our walking for health programme, you will
- Start walking in a safe and friendly environment
- Get to know the local area and meet new people
- Increase energy levels and generally improve your health
How do I join a walking for health programme?
Fill in your details on our online enquiry form, then we will contact you to let you know where your nearest walking for health programme is!
Healthy Weight physical activity booklet
Physical activity doesn't mean going for a run or joining a gym, getting active can be done in the comfort of your own home! Click the image below to download our physical activity booklet for simple circuits plans including warming ideas up and cooling down stretches.
- Whatever your starting point, Get Active Cornwall will provide the right stepping stone towards a healthier, happier and more active you.