Pancakes with banana ice cream
Sunflower oil, for frying
15g butter or marg, melted
75g plain flour
200ml semi-skimmed milk
1 vanilla pod, halved and seeds removed
- Peel the bananas and place in a sealable plastic bag. Transfer to the freezer and leave overnight to freeze.
- Sift the flour into a bowl.
- Whisk together the egg and 175ml of the milk in a jug.
- Make a well in the flour and gradually pour in the milk mixture, beating with a wooden spoon until smooth.
- Stir in the melted butter and vanilla pod seeds. Set aside.
- Brush a 20cm non-stick frying pan with the oil and place over a medium heat. When hot, add a ladleful of batter and swirl the pan to cover the base in a thin layer. Cook for 1 minute or until the base is golden.
- Flip and cook on the other side for 30 seconds. Remove and keep warm. Repeat until you have 4 pancakes.
- Make the ice cream: pop the bananas in a food processor with the remaining milk. Blend until smooth.
.Serve the pancakes with a scoop of banana ice cream.Create printer friendly PDF