Sweetcorn fritters with avocado salsa
325g (11oz) frozen sweetcorn kernels
2 eggs, lightly beaten
100g (3 1/2oz) plain flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 spring onions, trimmed and finely sliced
1/2 red chilli, deseeded and chopped
handful coriander, chopped
For the avocado salsa
1 large avocado, diced
1 red pepper, deseeded and diced
1/2 lime, juiced
- In a bowl, combine three-quarters of the sweetcorn kernels with the egg, flour, baking powder, half the spring onions, half the chilli and half the coriander. Season.
- Blitz half the mixture in a food processor, then combine with the remaining, unblended mixture to form a batter.
- To make the salsa, dry-fry the remaining corn, until lightly charred. Tip into a bowl with the remaining spring onion, chilli and coriander. Stir in the avocado, red pepper and lime juice; season.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan. Add 1 tbsp of the batter to the pan to form a fritter. Repeat to make 8 fritters.
- Cook for 1-2 minutes each side.
Serve with the avocado salsaCreate printer friendly PDF