Sweet potato falafels
1 large or 2 small sweet potatoes,
1 tsp ground cumin
2 garlic cloves, chopped
2 tsp ground coriander
handful coriander leaves, chopped
juice ½ lemon
100g plain or gram flour
1 tbsp olive oil
4 wholemeal pitta breads
4 tbsp houmous
- Heat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6.
- Microwave sweet potato whole for 8-10 mins until tender.
- Leave to cool a little, then peel.
- Put the potato, cumin, garlic, ground and fresh coriander, lemon juice and flour into a large bowl. Season, then mash until smooth.
- Using a tablespoon, shape mix and into 20 balls.
- Put on an oiled baking sheet, bake for around 15 mins until the bases are golden brown, then flip over and bake for 15 mins more until brown all over.
Delicious served with a mixed salad and pitta bread and homemade houmousCreate printer friendly PDF