Turkey Tikka Kebabs
500g skinless turkey breast cut into chunks
150g low-fat natural yoghurt
2 tsp tikka masala curry paste
1 tbsp fresh coriander (optional)
180g wholegrain brown rice
1 red pepper deseeded and cut into chunks
1 courgette sliced
2 handfuls lettuce leaves chopped
¼ cucumber chopped
2 tomatoes finely chopped
1 small red onion finely chopped
2 tsp green chilli deseeded and finely chopped
2 tbsp fresh coriander chopped
1. Put the turkey chunks into a bowl (not a metal one) and add the low fat yoghurt, curry paste and
coriander (if using). Mix together thoroughly, then cover and chill for at least 20 minutes, though you can
leave overnight if you prefer.
2. When ready to cook, soak 8 wooden kebab sticks in hot water for a few minutes. (This will help prevent
them from burning). Put the rice on to cook in a large saucepan of gently boiling water. It will take about 30
3. Thread the turkey chunks, pepper and courgette onto the kebab sticks, alternating the pieces.
4. Preheat the grill, or a char-grill pan or the barbecue. Cook the kebabs for about 10-12 minutes, turning
often. Make sure that the turkey is thoroughly cooked by checking with a sharp knife - there shouldn't be
any pink juices.
5. Meanwhile, mix together the tomatoes, red onion, chilli and coriander for the relish. Serve with the
kebabs, along with some lettuce and cucumber.
Tip 1: Use chicken instead of turkey, for a change.