Chicken and pea paella
1 tbsp olive oil
2 x chicken breast fillets, diced
250g Paella or long grain rice
1/2 tsp ground paprika
750ml very low-salt chicken stock
100g green beans, trimmed and cut into 2.5cm lengths
100g frozen peas
4 spring onions, trimmed and thinly sliced
75g soft cheese
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan and cook the chicken for 3-4 minutes until it is white all over.
- Add the paella rice and paprika and stir to combine. Cook for 1 minute.
- Pour in the chicken stock. Stir well and bring to the boil. Turn down to a simmer
- After 15 minutes, add the green beans, peas and spring onions. Cook for a further 10 minutes, stirring from time to time until the rice and veg are tender.
- Stir in the soft cheese until combined.
Serve with a small salad on the side.
Create printer friendly PDF