Broccoli, sweetcorn and bacon macaroni
125g dried macaroni
200g broccoli florets
1 tbsp olive oil
1 onion, finely chopped
4 bacon medallions, cut into pieces
1 tbsp plain flour
150g light cream cheese
200ml semi-skimmed milk
198g tin sweetcorn, drained
25g medium Cheddar, finely grated
20g fresh breadcrumbs
¼ x 28g pack fresh parsley, finely chopped
8 round lettuce leaves
100g cherry tomatoes, quartered
- Preheat the grill to high.
- Cook the macaroni following pack instructions, adding in the broccoli for the last 3 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large frying pan and cook the onion for 5 minutes, until golden. Add the bacon and cook for a further 5 minutes.
- Stir in the flour, then add the soft cheese, milk, sweetcorn, the cooked pasta and broccoli.
- Cook gently for 2-3 minutes.
- Season with freshly ground black pepper and pour the mixture into a 1-litre ovenproof dish.
- Mix together the Cheddar, breadcrumbs and parsley, and sprinkle evenly over the macaroni.
- Cook under the grill for 5 minutes, until golden and bubbling.
Serve with the lettuce and tomatoes.Create printer friendly PDF