Cheesy fish grills
4 chunky skinless white fish fillets, such as cod or haddock
oil, for brushing
4 thin slices of ham
50g grated mature cheddar
2 spring onions, sliced at an angle
- Preheat the grill to high and lightly oil a large shallow heatproof dish.
- Arrange the fillets in the dish, slightly spaced apart, and brush them with a little oil.
- Grill for 2 minutes.
- Remove the dish from the grill, turn the fish over and top each fillet with a scrunched slice of ham.
- Mix together the cheese and onions, scatter over the fish and season with pepper.
- Return to the grill for 5 minutes until the fish flakes easily when prodded with a knife.
Tip: Serve with green vegetables and boiled new potatoesCreate printer friendly PDF