Baked Crispy Lemon Fish
6 tbsp plain flour
Very finely grated zest of ½ lemon
1 large egg
1 tbsp cold water
100g Toasted Breadcrumbs
400g (approx) Skinless and boneless cod fillets
2 tbsp olive oil
Homemade potato wedges, frozen peas and lemon wedges, to serve
- Heat the oven to 190°C, fan 170°C, gas 5.
- Put the flour onto a plate and add a little pepper and the lemon zest.
- Crack the egg into shallow bowl, add a tablespoonful of water and beat well with a fork.
- Put the breadcrumbs onto a separate plate.
- Check the fish for bones and cut the fish into chunks.
- Dip each piece of the fish into the seasoned flour and shake off any excess. Then dip it into the egg, letting any excess drip off back onto the plate. Then dip it into the breadcrumbs, using your hands to sprinkle crumbs over it so it is completely covered. Lay on clean plate.
- Brush a baking tray with the oil then bake the fish in the oven for 10 minutes or until golden and cooked through.
- To make homemade potato wedges, scrub, then cut some white potatoes into wedges and put into a baking tray with a little oil. Bake until golden and cooked through.
- Serve fish with the wedges and lemon wedges to squeeze over.